XBOX 360 Forza 3 Cars interiors Overview
The next Forza 3 arrived on the XBOX 360 and it has finally an in-car view. Here’s a quick overview/faq on Forza’s car interiors.
What is modeled of the inside of the car?
Pretty much everything including back seat except sunroof. While racing the camera in-car view only shows piece of dashboard and only with the game controller can you look around left and right (steering wheel has fixed view and only left/right viewed from outside of the car). See below trick to see more of the interior. In photo mode you can only move outside the car but not inside the car. See here example what is shown of the interior in photo mode:
Which dashboard meters are visually working while driving?
Speedometer, tachometer, odometer, fuel gauge, gear indicator. In addition if the car offers this: outside temperature, turbo and digital lap info in the dashboard.
It’s not as detailed as Dirt 2 or Need for Speed Shift and dashboard looks little bit fuzzy for most cars especially with small text. However it does feature over 400 cars including many regular production cars (unlike the other 2). Also the amount of detail and accuracy of the entire interior is pretty good.
List of all cars: Forza 3 Official Car List. Video of all available cars (all offer in-car view):
Additional downloadable cars?
- Free: Hyundai Genesis Coupe Car Pack
- Dec 8th. 2009 (400 points / $5): Hot Holiday Car Pack:
- Jan 12th, 2010 (400 points / $5): AutoWeek Car Show pack (Detroit Auto show)
- 2010 Aston Martin One-77
- 2009 Audi R8 LMS
- 2009 Audi RS6
- 2010 BMW Motorport M6 Coupe
- 2010 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport
- 2010 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500
- 2010 Saleen S5S Raptor
- 2009 Lotus 2-Eleven
- 2010 Pagani Zonda R
- 2010 Porsche Boxter S
- March 9th. 2010 (400 points / $5): Jalopnik car pack
- 2008 Mazda Furai
- 2010 Honda Civic Type R Mugen
- 2009 #40 Ford Robertson Racing Ford GT
- 2010 Aston Martin Rapide
- 2011 BMW Z4
- 2010 Audi TT RS
- 2010 #33 RSR Jaguar XKR
- 2010 Porsche 911 Sport Classic
- 2010 Aston Martin V12 Vantage
- 1992 Bugatti EB110SS
- April 13th, Road & Track car pack. See http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/roadandtrack/
- 2010 VW Golf R
- 2009 Holden HSV w427
- 2010 Ford Taurus SHO
- 2010 Mercedes E63 AMG
- 2010 Renault Megane RS 250
- 2010 Vauxhall Insignia
- 2010 Mini Coupe Concept
- 2010 Bentley Continental Supersports
- 2010 Mazda MX-5 superlight (cab)
- 2010 Seat Leon Cupra R
Here are some interior shots (zoomed out view). More pictures: Holiday Car Pack pictures
- Directions: with controller you can move in all directions but distance is limited to about 300ft and you can’t move over a building or over the ocean. Note you can move over the car if camera angle has sufficient height
- Special effects: b/w, aperture (depth effect), sharpness, brightness, shutter speed, …. Screenshot:
- Go to ‘my profile’
- Set multi-screen to ‘on’ and leave it to ‘host’
- Leave everything default except change angle to about 85 (last option).
- Little bit more high-res. I know that wouldn’t have fit on the DVD but perhaps for downloadable cars (unless this would slow down the game)
- With steering wheel you cannot look around inside the interior. Left/right/back is supported but the view is from outside the car. I wish they would map combination of 2 buttons. For instance looking left and up should show left side of interior.
- Do not require Gold membership to upload
- Add sunroof / panorama roofs to models that offer these
- Allow photo mode in car with camera movement
- A few interiors are viewed at at a bad angle obscuring dashboard. For example here you don’t see the speedometer of the Civic models (behind steering wheel):
Photo & Video mode:
You can make short 720p WMV video’s and photo’s in photo mode. You can upload these to the internet (Forza web site) however you need Xbox Live Gold to be able to upload. Also the photo mode does not have an in-car view. Alternative is to capture them using a capture card or just photograph from the screen (which is what I did below).
Features photo mode:
Can I see more of the interior?
Here’s a trick to be able to see more of the in-car interior with the in game dashboard view (otherwise in photo mode you can zoom in from the outside):
This will reveal a lot more of the car interior. See below how it compares with the default view:
See at bottom more examples using this wider view.
Interior in split screen?
Unfortunately you don’t have cockpit/in-car view in 2 player split screen. There are 2 views behind car and 1 in front of the car. Here’s a screenshot:
A recent update added the animation of gear changes and hand brake shifting (unless the vehicle is automatic and has no handbrake). But couple of things that could be improved hopefully with an update:
I made pictures of about 50 car interiors. Click here: Forza 3 Car interior pictures Gallery Link
Here are couple of examples (click for larger picture). I used multi-screen trick here to show more of the interior (normal in-car view is more zoomed in):